Monday, May 5, 2008

Volunteers are the Life's Blood of our Programs

Hi folks, here's our first entry from Sharon Davis, not me!

----------

VOLUNTEERS ARE THE LIFE’S BLOOD OF OUR PROGRAMS
AND THEIR CONRIBUTION CAN BE MEASURED IN DOLLARS!

At a recent BBRP Training Session on Working with Volunteers, Geoff Brace cited statistics that quantify volunteer hours according to how much their volunteer efforts would cost in the job market.

Dollar Value for volunteer hours = $17.48/hour. *

We owe a debt of gratitude to the tireless, dedicated volunteers who care about their Boroughs and take time away from their own lives to contribute to the betterment of our communities.

Though I am new to the BBRP, I have spent much of my career working with volunteers and being a volunteer myself. I know the sense of pride that comes from working together for a cause we believe in.

Thank you!

No comments: